ABOUT THE FORUM
The Global Muslim Business Forum (GMBF) is hosting the second edition of its international Forum from 28 – 30 November 2023 in Sarawak, Malaysia. The Forum aims to be a hub of knowledge for governments, corporations and civil society to explore best and innovative practices in various domains such as Islamic finance, green technology and agriculture. Therefore, the Forum is aptly themed, “Innovations and Transformation in Islamic Economies.” GMBF 2023 will feature keynote speeches by Muslim World leaders, plenary sessions, workshops, awards ceremony and a gala dinner.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1. To bridge the Muslim world by forging stronger connections and partnerships, particularly in the Middle East, Asia and the rest of the world.
2. To encourage value-based result-oriented initiatives and programmes for social and economic impact for upliftment of poverty, and the promotion of social entrepreneurship and business endeavours.
3. To promote investment in Muslim countries by exploring new growth opportunities and unlocking the full potential of untapped resources and markets.
4. To be the hub of Islamic knowledge for governments, private sector and civil society in the Muslim world and beyond.
5. To advance the Green Economy and partnerships for Climate Action, Green Technology and Innovation for the preservation of the planet earth as a habitat for humans.
6. To advance partnership for sustainable development with inclusiveness to and ensure no one is left or lags behind.
The current discourse has focused on the role of superpowers in global leadership and facilitating globalisation. However, the international system is under stress by the weight of an intensifying geopolitical competition, volatile global financial sector and more recently, the pandemic. This discourse completely neglects a new emerging force – political, social, economic, financial – in the context of the Muslim World.
The Muslim World, particularly the economy is growing by leaps and bounds. Global Muslim expenditure has already reached US$ 2 trillion in 2021 across various sectors such as halal food, Islamic finance, travel and modest fashion. This growth is underpinned by a growing population of 1.9 billion Muslim consumers – projected to reach 3 billion by 2060! However, the global Islamic economy is still largely untapped potential in the context of the global economy. The Muslim World can present innovative solutions to the recurring problems the world faces such as food insecurity, financial market volatility and climate change.
Through the Global Muslim Business Forum, the governments, corporations, international organisations, investors and civil society can convene to discuss, deliberate and debate these key issues. It is an avenue for these actors to connect, collaborate and contribute. The Forum will provide insights as well spotlight latest trends in various sectors. GMBF is also the ideal platform to connect between the Muslim World and the non-Muslim community.
The Global Muslim Business Forum is founded by the KSI Strategic Institute for Asia Pacific, Islamic Chamber of Commerce, Industry, and Agriculture, and Global One. It's worth noting that KSI is a prominent regional think tank located in Kuala Lumpur, while the Islamic Chamber is an affiliated institution of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) and also the exclusive representative of the private sector in 57 member countries. Meanwhile, Global One is an internationally recognized women's NGO that is accredited by the United Nations and headquartered in London. Our firm dedication is towards international partnerships, dialogues, inclusive, and sustainable development. Additionally, the founders of both KSI Strategic Institute and Global One are also the founders of the World Muslim Leadership Forum, which has been running successfully for the past 12 years.
For more info about the 2023 Global Muslim Business Forum, we invite you to visit www.gmbforum.org. The website will be continuously updated with the latest information regarding the forum. Kindly stay informed by regularly checking the website for any updates.