What the website is about?
- MyHomeTown portal and mobile app is an exciting one stop definitive website for Malaysians to rediscover their roots and where their life journeys started
- The website is the first of its kind in the country and region
- It will provide fascinating facts and images on the home towns’ history and latest development
- It will showcase art and culture and the latest buzz in hometown happenings and news
- It will highlight the best in local products and specialities, scenic attractions, shopping plazas, food courts, kopitiam and other eateries, and other special features that reflect the town’s diversity and vibrant life style
- It will feature prominent personalities and celebrities, including key sponsors
Myhometown Connectivity Value Added
The website has been developed to provide connectivity value added to the following key sectors:
- Civil society
- Public sector
The website intends to bring the public and private sectors and the town’s community and NGOs/CSOs together to promote and enhance the town’s green environment, cultural heritage and multitude of old buildings and other historic monuments through its interactive internet format and planned community driven activities.
- Myhometown’s target audience is the 25 million people or approximately 75 percent of Malaysia’s population who live in urban areas, cities and towns.
- This makes Malaysia one of Southeast Asia’s most urbanized countries.
- The metropolitan area of Greater Kuala Lumpur alone had a population of more than seven million in 2017.
- Besides Kuala Lumpur, 11 other towns will be featured in the website – Penang, Ipoh, Malacca, Seremban, Johor Baru, Kota Baru, Alor Setar, Kuala Trenganu, Kuching, Kota Kinabalu and Kuantan
- Aimed at both the younger and older generation through the social media channel, the website will be technology, data and service driven drawing on support from businesses, local communities and institutions that are featured in the website.
- The younger and technology savvy population will be the main driving force for the interactive website which will be characterized by browser compatibility, smooth navigation and an attractive and eye catching design
BENEFITS FOR SPONSORS
- Sponsors featured in the MyHomeTown website will get business exposure nationally and in the main towns.
- They will also have the opportunity to connect with new customers through the internet.
- There are an estimated 25 million social media users in Malaysia and e-commerce is experiencing a growth explosion.
- Malaysian businesses generated e-commerce transactions valued at RM 445.7 billion in 2017, up from RM 398 billion in 2016.
- A considerable portion of internet spending comes from purchase of products and services by the internet user which the MyHomeTown website will reach through its innovative coverage of the urban population.
- MyHomeTown’s website will feature sponsors who are leaders in the community through a platform to share their record of businesses and community leadership. In this way the achievements of prominent business and other community leaders who have contributed to their town and national development will be widely disseminated
Myhometown Chinese and Regional Website
- Initially launched in English, the website will have a Chinese website currently being developed to cater to the non-English Chinese audience. There are also plans to initiate a Malay language website.
- Sister websites are also currently in the pipeline for the following countries:
Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, China.
It is intended to provide Malaysian sponsors and advertisers in the HMyHomeTown website exposure to a larger regional market and audience than just Malaysia.
MyHomeTown WEBSITE DEVELOPER
- The website developer is Kingsley Strategic Institute. Under its President, Tan Sri Michael Yeoh, KSI is preparing organizations and communities for the 4th Industrial Revolution through new ideas and innovative partnerships.
- The website will draw on a strong network of academicians, community activists and committed professionals to provide quality content.
- The website editor in chief is Dr. Lim Teck Ghee, former Professor and World Bank and United Nations senior official. He is supported by a social media team and specialists that will ensure prompt and effective interaction with clients and the target audience
(This Hometown website originator and conceptualizer is Dr. Lim Teck Ghee and it is jointly developed by Dr.Lim and KSI.)
No Fields Found.