Deputy Minister for Public Health, Housing and Local Government II, Sarawak
YB MICHAEL TIANG MING TEE is currently the Deputy Minister for Public Health, Housing and Local Government II, Sarawak.
Date of Birth: 23-4-1973
Family members: Father (deceased) a lawyer, mother a housewife. 2 elder sisters and a younger brother.
Marital Status: Married Lily Wong with 2 children
1996 – LL.B (Hons.) University of Wales College of Cardiff.
1997 – Barrister-at-law (Middle Temple), United Kingdom.
1998 – Called to the Sarawak Bar and enrolled as Advocate, High Court of Sabah and Sarawak.
Current Career – 2003 till present
Managing partner at Messrs. Lau, Tiang and Associates, Advocates at Lot 13, 2nd Floor, Eastmoore Commercial Centre, 2 1/2 Mile Rock Road, 93200 Kuching, Sarawak.
Political Profile Sarawak United Peoples’ Party (SUPP) – 2005 till present
Joined SUPP in 2005.
Positions in SUPP:
(1) Vice President of SUPP
(2) Chairman for SUPP Youth Central (2017 till present)
(3) Branch Secretary for SUPP Pelawan Branch (2014 till present)
(1) 2009-2016 Councillor for Sibu Rural District Council
(2) 2016 – present Political Secretary to the Chief Minister of Sarawak.
(3) 2021- present Elected as a Member of the Sarawak State Legislative Assembly for N.54 Pelawan.
(4) 2021 – present Deputy Minister for Public Health, Housing and Local Government Sarawak.